It isn’t everyday that our favorite Revolutionary War hero turns 300!
Our Guest of Honor:
Brigadier General Andrew Lewis (1720-1781)
portrayed by Joe LaRocco
Our Invited Guests:
- John Hook Griffin (1803-1878), portrayed by Rob Laing
- Grace Smyth, Jr. (1907-1994), portrayed by Peggy Shifflett
- H. L. Roberts (1887-1957), portrayed by Garrett Channell
- Clementine Chapman (died 1928), portrayed by Emma Boyer
- Nellie Peery (1890s-1950s), portrayed by Deena Sasser
- Orran Oakey (1864-1927), portrayed by Norman Ferguson
- John M. Oakey (1839-1921), portrayed by Sam Winkler
- Playwright, Director and Emcee: Alex Burke, Assistant Museum Director, (born 1994)
Thanks to our volunteers: Caitlin, Lisa Bain, Anna Elmore, Joe and Susan Kirby, Whitney Leeson, John Long, Susan Mini, Emma Painter, Amanda, Conner, Mel Staton, and Luke.
To Keep Everyone Safe:
Masks are required at all times, over nose and mouth.
Hand sanitizer or hand washing stations are available at the entrances.
Please maintain six to ten feet of social distance between you and other guests.
We are very grateful for the generous support provided by Sherwood Memorial Park, the City of Salem, and the William & Margaret Robertson Endowment Fund!
Andrew Lewis Collectible Ornament now on Sale:
Regularly $21, Today only $20.
The museum’s new, colorful, highly detailed brass ornament depicts Lewis firing the first shot that led to Lord Dunmore’s defeat—and Virginia’s independence.
Visit the Salem Museum & Gift Shop
Tuesday-Saturday 10-4 | 801 E Main Street next to Longwood Park
Five floors of exhibits | Free Admission | SalemMuseum.org