JPEG MASTERPAGE

Old Roanoke County Courthouse/ Roanoke College West Hall Ornament

$19.94

Our annual holiday ornament for 2019 is the Old Roanoke County Courthouse, now known as Francis T. West Hall.

Brass: 2.25″ wide and 3″ high. Comes with a gold cord.

Category:

Product Description

Our annual holiday ornament for 2019 is the Old Roanoke County Courthouse, now known as Francis T. West Hall.

Designed by Roanoke architect H. H. Huggins and built at the exorbitant cost of $50,000, this “Temple of Justice” was the pride of the valley. The courthouse was dedicated on April 1, 1910. Replacing a previous courthouse (1841) on the same site, this structure’s design features four massive Ionic columns and an eagle-topped cupola with a four-faced “town clock.”

The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987 and purchased by Roanoke College in 1988. Now Francis T. West Hall, it houses the departments of Business Administration and Economics, Religion/Philosophy, History, and Public Affairs. West Hall is located at the corner of Main Street and College Avenue.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Old Roanoke County Courthouse/ Roanoke College West Hall Ornament”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *