Become a Member of the Salem Museum & Historical Society
Our Mission Statement
The Salem Museum is organized for the purpose of collecting, preserving and interpreting artifacts and materials that reflect the rich heritage of the Salem/Roanoke Valley area in order to preserve the past and educate future generations.
The Salem Museum fulfills its mission by
• Promoting and conducting research pertinent to all facets of the area’s history and sharing that information with visitors of all ages through exhibits, programs, tours and publications;
• Providing a historical and ecologically sustainable facility with high museum/archival standards for the safekeeping of the Museum’s collections.
As a member of the Salem Historical Society you will receive:
- A seasonal historical society newsletter
- Invitations to our field trip, annual banquet, and special receptions at the Salem Museum
- Workshop, exhibit, and program information throughout the year
- The satisfaction of knowing your contribution supports one of the most active historical societies in Virginia
Typically, the Salem Historical Society meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Monday of every month except December. Meetings are held at the Museum. Speakers discuss topics of local historical interest and refreshments are provided.
Please make checks payable to the Salem Historical Society.
Send payment to:
801 East Main Street
Salem, VA 24153.
Call 540-389-6760 to join and pay your dues by credit card over the phone. We’d love to have you!
Or you may make a secure, online donation through Paypal at the link on the right. If you are giving membership dues, please include your name, address, email, and telephone number in the comment box at the Paypal checkout so that you may be added to our membership list.
All donations to the Salem Historical Society are tax-deductible.